Thursday, August 25, 2011

A little more cheese please

Written by guest blogger and Kingdom Bloggers team mate, Tracy Chiara.

Ok, so the truth is that I really enjoy cheesy, 80s, movies. One of my all time favorites being The Blues Brothers. I mean, what's not to like about really cool music numbers, and car chases and pile ups?!

Elwood was always really terrible in a wonderful way!

But what I adore most about Elwood is that he's "on a mission from God" and he does whatever it takes to follow through on the mission. (Not to mention that I like the way he sounds when he declares that he's on a mission from God.) Nothing deters him. Seems to me that I could take a lesson from Elwood and not grow weary and give up so easy. I'm reminded of the exhortation of Paul in Galatians 6:9-10A:

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people

These words from Galatians are ones that I need to come back to repeatedly when I'm exhausted (like right now) with what's in front of me.

Elwood stayed the course even though he was rather a jerk. May I stay the course simply because I depend wholly on God's grace.

3 comments:

Andrea York said...

I've never seen this movie but you make a great point about never giving up. Thanks for sharing.

David-FireAndGrace said...

I love this movie and in college we used to do Soul Man in our band.

I am on a "mission from God."

@Andrea - oh yeah, younger sis, rent this movie right away!

Tracy said...

Andrea, if you click on "really cool", "music", and "numbers" in the post above you'll be able to hear a few of the numbers from the movie that are posted on utube. It's a fun movie that makes you want to sing and dance.

Yes David, I sense that you are indeed on a mission from God. It must have been a blast to sing Soul Man together - great song.

Related Posts with Thumbnails