Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Now You Know Why It's FIRE and Grace...

I am sure many of you have heard about Rick Warren's (he prayed at the inauguration) back-pedaling on CA Prop 8. It doesn't matter to me where you stand on gay marriage, and I am not going to debate what I believe the Bible says. What angers me, is that Rick Warren lied on camera (no better if it's off camera-- just that he is caught now). If you listen to the first clip, he specifically endorses Prop 8.



However; if you listen to the first 48 seconds of this clip, he denies it. Or maybe he doesn't think that what is on tape is a statement or an endorsement.



I just have to say, this is why the American church overall, is displeasing to the masses. In my book, you either believe the Bible and preach it, or you are a hypocrite. I just can't see a way to make this a mistake or a gaff, it is spoken from two side of the mouth.

Now for the grace part. I hope that Rick Warren will make himself clear on his mistake, so we can move on.

2 comments:

TeVeT said...

I find it frustrating that people continue to look to certain individuals as "experts" on Jesus.
Why do people continue to want to get their knowledge of the King from a man when they can learn from THE MAN?

eaglegirl said...

This so is very sad. This man has been the 'face' of evangelical Christians, or should I say most born-again Christians for years, at least according to the press.
Carol Adams

Blog Archive