Monday, February 2, 2009

Fire & Grace - Greatest Hits

As I watch my readership grow, primarily due to Facebook, but also from referrals from blogs that I follow (thanks everyone!), I realized there is a growing responsibility to provide context for my blogs. It is virtually impossible to list every possible scripture that pertains to a specific topic. Sometimes there are not specific scriptures, but Biblical principals as they are embodied in the Biblical canon. IE: The trinity, or relationship.

So, here is what I believe:
-1 The basics of Christianity - The Nicene Creed
-2 The basics of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
-3 I believe that miracles and healing are a great way for folks to realize that Jesus is real.
-4 Things happen as a result of God's presence, not as a result of religion.
-5 There is a significant misunderstanding of the spiritual gifts, offices and roles of the elect.
-6 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. Matthew 11:12 KJV
-7 That rock n' roll and the love of sushi are in my DNA and cause me to be more spiritual.

Here is my experience in a nutshell. I have been in the church most of my life. I became a believer in 1978 at nearly 20-years-old. Since then I have belonged to Evangelical, Charismatic and Pentecostal congregations in Connecticut and Massachusetts. I have ministered in hundreds of churches from Norway to Brazil and loads here in the states. I went to Bible school, and I have certificates from a number of other places. No one really cares about my education or experience-- it really doesn't count for much. People want to experience God, not just talk about Him.

For those who are new, or want to get a flavor of the topics that I cover, here are my most popular blogs:

- Discipleship
- Who Is Jesus
- Spiritual Gifts
- Friendship
- Relationship
- The Holy Spirit
- Sin
- Global Warming
- Evolution
- Abortion
- The Demonic
- Faith
- Stupidity

Enjoy! I'll look forward to your comments.

2 comments:

lynn said...

(referrng to Nicene creed)

wot - no Chalcedon?? :-)

lynn said...

do you know I was about to hang about your blog and read even further and then............I saw a Led Zeppelin T shirt :-)

:::::::::::: flee :::::::::::::::

Blog Archive