Monday, February 21, 2011

The Monday After

Well it's Monday, and I had a pretty amazing weekend. I went out to a very nice breakfast with my wife and little one on Saturday. I had a chance to hang out with a friend while we worked on my PC later in the day. It is all set up for recording now. And I recorded a new song!

Sunday I went to church and enjoyed the message and the ministry. Each week we seem to make some real progress in terms of using our gifts. We had a few folks really turn their lives around in the past few weeks! My biggest concern is about those that are just getting their life in order and need spiritual parents.

Friday was the last class at the 5-Fold School of Ministry and we had almost 30 plus those watching online. I really enjoyed teaching about the apostle, because it is such an important function in the church. I had a lot of challenging questions, yet I felt comfortable with my answers. Here is one of them: What would you call a person that only designs ministries based on the needs of the church, and helps organize the folks in them? My answer was the apostle.

Here is some of the fruit of the apostolic ministry in the New Testament Church.
- Impartation of Spiritual Gifts (Romans 1:11)
- Teaching (Titus 2:1)
- Fathering (Mothering) - as Paul was to Timothy.
- Sound Doctrine (1Tim 1:10)
- Sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
- Supernatural IE: Signs and Wonders (2 Corinthians 12:12, Acts 2:43)


Because most of my students want to be in ministry at the church, we went on to the obstacles to ministry.


Performance Addiction – The drive to be better at all costs. We need to be like Jesus! We are justified by faith. (Romans 3:28)

Approval Addiction – The constant need for approval and thanks. We are reconciled by the cross, and if we are called , God has already approved us. (Ephesians 2:6)

Blame Game – When we have not YET achieve our calling, we cannot blame others, or situations. We must understand that we have been bought with a price. (Eph 2:16)

Shame Game – Wallowing in past hurts, and poor decisions is not godly. Moses, David and Paul were used in spite of murder! (Titus 3:5)

God has perfected us, and all the work was done on the cross, we simply need to apply faith to that which is already done.

Today is a bit if a jumble - but there were 47 screens in the PowerPoint show, these are just 3 of them.

No comments:

Blog Archive