Monday, December 18, 2006

Are you kidding me! Christmas Rant

Well, this country may have gone over the edge. We have a national and state holiday called Christmas-- since like 1870! But it is wrong to say, "Merry Christmas." Somebody that never heard of Jesus might be offended. Give me a break! The name of the holiday is CHRISTMAS, named after the Christ, and that is what I am going to call it! The 25th of December in America and lots of other places is you guessed it, Christmas! This year I think Chanukah happens to fall on this day too; but is doesn't always. So let me wish you a Merry Christmas on the 25th and the preceding days during the season. I don't really care about all the other holidays. Christmas is a legal holiday and nothing else is here in America on the 25th. On that day, I am going to take it off from work and have a party, talk about Jesus and give gifts to my family. I am not going to celebrate any body else's holiday. No, not Bastille Day in France, nor Carnival in Brazil, or OMG Ground Hog Day! Happy Ground Hog Day! Happy Cat Day for crying out loud! It will be nothing but Christmas in my house! Is Christmas is to commercial for you? DON'T BUY ANYTHING, DON'T RECEIVE ANYTHING, STAY OUT OF THE MALL. Problem solved! Or you could go to church and celebrate the birth of a much needed Savior, meditate on your life, give a good gift to someone you love, or better yet, don't even know. Have a party, it's Christmas!

No comments: