Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can You Believe It? - Why Do We Do This?

It seems that the larger my readership grows, the more I start to feel like I am out of my league. Thankfully conflict is not the absence of peace. I do propose to carry on.

Often times I am challenged by the questions and comments I receive-- especially on Facebook. Today, if you are a Bible believing Christian I want to challenge you. If something-- a cause-- is important to you, leave a comment and tell me why the Bible is in tune with your way of thinking. I usually do the thinking, but today it's your turn.

Before you start I want you to think about what it is like to love your neighbor as yourself. When is it OK to act like Jesus and turn over the table of the money changers? Are you forgiving? How many people have you seen give their life to Christ this week? How many folks have you brought to Christ? If the church is supposed to preach the gospel, how are they doing? What are we doing for the poor, the widows and those in jail? Are we there when someone we know moves to a new house?

Are we really doing what we see the Father doing? If not, what is it exactly that we are doing for God? Or are we just sitting around making notes on what everyone else should be doing?

Back up your stance on health care, green energy, welfare, traditional marriage, immigration, prayer in school or anything else with scripture. I am looking for Bible, not opinions. Be outrageous-- but be respectful.

2 comments:

photogr said...

David:

These are thought provoking questions that many cannot answer with a yes because they are not following the scriptures and believing.

I find love is the one most important commandment we have to follow so that we can walk as Jesus or with Jesus. With love to the Lord ,you fellow persons, and sinners a like we can make a difference. I have no idea if I ever brought some one to Christ. They never told me but I do try

I once had a bumper sticker on my car that I made up and had printed That said " ACLU, Prayer in public places and schools? You can't stop me". Should have made more copies when I traded cars. I do have a tea party sticker in my house window.

I am quite vocal to my political leaders for our state in Washington and they do their best to send back form letters thanking me for my opinions. I even suggested one to Kick Pelusi out of office for lying on the Cia cover up on the gitmo detainies. I received a reply on how her long service in Washington was impecible. I had to throw up over that reply.

I don't know if the bible is in tune with my way of thinking. I am hoping I am in tune with the bible scriptures rather that my way of thinking. I do have to admit humbly that some times I do use it to get my idea across about an issue.

Over all, I don't think we as Christians have done enough to insure that God stays in America and leads this country as it was founded by our fore fathers. I honestly believe we all have failed our selves and mostly God for allowing such offensive actions to push Him out of our conscious When all it would have needed to be said was. We are not going to allow it to happen just because one entity said God was offensive. here in lies he problem. We allowed it to happen.We could have said no.

Tony C said...

As I posted on Monday, I really believe God is trying to say something to us...to move through us. I also believe the internet is a revolutionary vehicle for that to happen and gives us opportunities to reach farther, faster than any other time in history.


John 14:25,26 (NIV)

25"All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Blog Archive