Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nothing Profound

Some random thoughts:

Why is it that no matter how hard you try to do the right thing, you still make mistakes?

Why don't alcoholics stop drinking the first time they get arrested?

Why is it that kids never want help from their parents?

Do you think that is how God feels - that we don't want help?

Why don't people tell you they don't want your help before they start telling you their problems?

How come, even with a new PC, the Internet is still just as slow with the old one?

Why do you have to stay at work for lunch, if you aren't going to eat?

How can it be the same temperature in FL as it is in MA, yet everyone thinks that it is warm there?

Why is the braille on drive-through ATM machines?

How does Stevie Wonder know the car is red?

If magic tricks aren't really magic, why don't they just tell us how they do them?

If life is just a vapor, then how come we still have long days?

The CD that was playing in the hospital when Charlotte was born, is on now.

Have you seen any polls on Al Gore's popularity since the global freeze in DC?

If we are supposed to hear from God, then why does everyone start their sentences with "I think?"

Did Joe Biden know that Scott Brown was a military lawyer before he chastised him about trying terrorists in civilian court?

When is vacation?

Is anyone still trapped in Haiti?

What are you thinking about today?

5 comments:

Tony C said...

My thoughts are on family and the fact mine is about to expand again.

I absolutely adore my girls, and I find myself filling with anxiety as my oldest gets closer to high school.

Good post. I like these from time to time.

photogr said...

"Why is it that kids never want help from their parents?"

Because they think they know more than the parents. I would think God feels the same way about us sometimes.


"How can it be the same temperature in FL as it is in MA, yet everyone thinks that it is warm there?"

That is easy. In Fla. they don't have 3 feet of snow on the ground.


"Have you seen any polls on Al Gore's popularity since the global freeze in DC?"

That is not fair. He is snowed in and can't get out thankfully.

What am I thinking about? I would gladly trade the high mounds of snow I have dug out of for white beach sands in my shoes in Florida. Getting too old to be digging out of snow every day.

Tracy said...

Why is it that no matter how hard you try to do the right thing, you still make mistakes?
I don't know but I definitely relate.

Why is it that kids never want help from their parents?
My 17 & 15yr old sons are certain that they know EVERYTHING. My 21yr old is starting to realize that there is lots he doesn't know, so he will sometimes now request help.

What am I thinking about? I'm trying not to think about the fact that I showed up for a job interview yesterday and the woman who set up the interview with me never showed up. Turns out she'd requested yesterday off a long time ago. She still has not called me today (the receptionist said she'd let the woman know I'd shown up for our scheduled interview).

TeVeT said...

When is the next Biblical Resume gonna be posted?

How awesome is it that an entire new group of friends was opened up to my wife and me because of another blogger being a fan of Darrell Evans?

Charlie Chang said...

I think about this past Monday. My daughter was with her grandparents all weekend and I so missed her and couldn't wait to come home on Monday after work and see her, hug her and kiss her. Well she ran to the door when I was unlocking it, but then immediately went back to some Valentine's toys she got over the weekend. I was a little discouraged and hurt because I so would have enjoyed her to come and sit with me and talk yet she was more interested in playing with her toys.

I think God feels that discouragement and hurt when we do the same to Him. He is so willing to come to us and wants us to come to Him but we get too busy with our toys. Too busy with our DVRs. Too busy with making money. Having children definitely helps me understand the mind of God a little bit more.

nicodemusatnite.blogspot.com

Blog Archive