Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Wonder Where the Signs Are?

Do you believe it? God repaired a water pump on a Toyota pick-up. Yes, he removed a lump, and healed bronchitis too. He gave a word of knowledge about a persons life so that they would know that He was speaking to them about their future in Christ. Yes, God multiplied invitations to a Christian conference on the streets of Oslo, provided the exact amount for a plane ticket to minister in Ohio and shortened the miles to the airport.

This morning I am pondering the supernatural. All of the above happened to me personally. As I type, I can feel God's presence - as if He is knocking on the door - something seems eminent, yet, I can't put my finger on it. I thought some sort of revival was going to break out last Sunday in church - like a glass filled to the rim. I feel the same this morning.

I actually don't know what a revival is. I have read about many of them. There are the renewals (in the church) and the revivals - the presence of God spilling out into the streets and communities with an infectious and captivating sense of urgency. Maybe it is just the end of a long time in th desert - but I don't think so.

Online I was looking for testimonies of miracles and supernatural acts of healing and deliverances. I didn't find any from this week. It seems that most of them were a year old or more. It's certainly true for me. I haven't been away from the Master, but I haven't been around to any conferences. Such are the season of the Spirit.

How about you, are you interested in revival? Have you heard it's coming? I have, and for too long.

Here are 6 steps to personal revival - one in which you can experience signs and wonders, healing, and hopefully bring others closer to Christ.

-1 Get Your Foundation In Order! - You can't build a Christian life on the fact that you are saved. It is not about a ticket to heaven, it is about relationship with Jesus. HERE are the prerequisite steps.

-2 Repent! - When we get far from God, or experience difficult times, it is easy to sin, or worse to become indifferent.

2 Chronicles 7:14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

-3 Remember What God Has Already Done! - Don't be one of the 9 lepers that did not thank God for what He had done.

Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

In other words, lets start testifying to what God has done - tell a friend, write a blog, but let's start talking up our God.

-4 Create an Environment of Worship! - Church, it is our job to be the air conditioner where we work, where we live, and wherever else we go. We need to make more room for God, and less room for the Devil.

Look, if this were easy you'd already be doing it. Try trading one activity for another. Trade a TV show for some quiet time with inspiring music. Trade the sports page on your break for 15 minutes of Bible study. Pray on your way to work - but do something to give God more room to act in your life. The true nature of repentance is to change our ways.

-5 Seek God Out! - Through the Bible, people who heard about Jesus flocked to hear him speak, get a healing or find relief from the Devil. We should be the same. You can sit there week after week, or you can pray and find a place where God is really at work. I doubt we are waiting for God.

-6 Overcome the Devil, Testify! - Let's get current with what God is doing. We can't just be museum keepers and claim that we know a living God.

Revelation 12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony

Church, where are the testimonies kept? If we are going to overcome the Devil by the blood (which was shed on Calvary), and the word of our testimonies, than it is time for us to do our part.

Amen? Tell me what God has done in your life recently.

Robin Mark -Revival

I hear the voice of one calling, prepare ye the way of the Lord.
And make His paths straight in the wilderness
And let your light shine in the darkness
And let your rain fall in the desert.

As sure as gold is precious and the honey sweet,
So you love this city and you love these streets.
Every child out playing by their own front door
Every baby laying on the bedroom floor.

Every dreamer dreaming in her dead-end job
Every driver driving through the rush hour mob
I feel it in my spirit, feel it in my bones
You're going to send revival, bring them all back home

I can hear that thunder in the distance
Like a train on the edge of town
I can feel the brooding of Your Spirit
"Lay your burdens down, Lay your burdens down".

From the Preacher preaching when the well is dry
To the lost soul reaching for a higher high
From the young man working through his hopes and fears
To the widow walking through the veil of tears

Every man and woman, every old and young
Every fathers daughter, every mothers son.
I feel it in my spirit, feel it in my bones
You're going to send revival, bring them all back home

I can hear that thunder in the distance
Like a train on the edge of town
I can feel the brooding of Your Spirit
"Lay your burdens down, Lay your burdens down".

Revive us, Revive us,
Revive us with your fire!

1 comment:

photogr said...

Revivals. Now that got my attention. We are long overdue for an earth shattering revival somewhere.

But I don't feel people have time for feeling the Holy spirit overcome them and provide the joy of God's grace. They are too busy doing other material things to be bothered and worrying if their next paycheck is the last ( thanks to our current Washington bunch).

I long for the old tent revivals of the past, but that is only history now.

I long for the opportunity to see others healed and saved, but that is only history now.

I long to see churches that embrace the 5 fold ministry, but that is only history now.

I long to see churches that promote fellowship and love for others in the congregation besides the click groups, but that is only history now.

I long for a lot, but it is like searching for a needle in a haystack. Odds are you are going to miss it uness it sticks you first.

The thing that saddens me the most is many denominations do not embrace the spiritual gifts , prophesy, healings, and miracles as many state it doesn't happen anymore since the apostles.

There are many things that I have eperienced personally in faith that dispells what many denominations state doesn't happen any more. Miracles, baptism by fire, and healings through prayer come to mind.

Blog Archive