Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Posting from the Cardiovascular Unit

You would think that I have a lot of time on my hands here are the hospital. I guess I do; it is just filled lots of noise, bed-side alarms, creaking wheelchairs, clicking keyboards, talking nurses, the hum of medical equipment, and the sound of Velcro. It is not a place where I can easily sleep or write. Even with a sleeping pill I only got 6 hours and I know I could use many more.

I long to be home in my own bed with my own noises, and my family.

For a guy who's heart capacity dropped by 20% in a day, I'm tired. I am not feeling all that spiritual tonight, and in fact have no real message - it's just 5 hours from my next sleeping pill, and I am bored..

I have been thinking about my life spared - in fact probably due to my recent foray back into exercise that my heart was able to withstand the intensity of the viral infection.. In spite of the fact that I badly need a shower, I feel imprisoned, and that hey I just don't like it here, God saved me for a reason. I know my family is certainly glad about it! I am not really all weird about living through this, I'm grateful.What was strangest was that I had perfect peace at a time when I thought hey, it could all be over right now.

That's what I find mysteriously wonderful tonight, that it didn't matter if I stayed or went, but that I would be in Jesus' hands either way.

7 comments:

photogr said...

Well from my own experiences, Hospitals are not rated very high for good food and a place to rest or sleep.

So when are they going to let you out of your jail cell?

Susan Shuford said...

Praying for you...

Tony C said...

Hang in there brother!

I posted you something to smile about...

Charlie's Church of Christ said...

great point at the end David.

Joyce Lighari said...

been praying for you - you were saved to be a history changer and another trip to Norway - let's pack as soon as you are well!

Arny said...

hey I've been there. I've had congenital heart desease all my life. So hospitals are...easy...for me.

When i was 17...wow...11 years ago, i went to the emergancy for tackacardia (fancy word for my heart speeding up to 160bpm (beats per minute) but my breathing was normal! what! yeah...so they had to electric shock me, and then do a cath as well...right before I went to do my cath, I read psalms 91.

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

David-FireAndGrace said...

Thanks for all the comments! I am tired, but very glad to be home. Blessings and peace.

Blog Archive