Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's Like Christmas Eve!

I am sitting here in my office, and not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse, or the noisy chihuahuas; not even the 7-year-old. In my spirit I am as excited as a kid on Christmas eve. I don't even know what God is doing quite yet (I usually get the memo about the time it is happening).

So what is going on? Well, the Spirit of God is beginning to move in our region. Some of the things that I have brooded over, prayed about, and had vision for are on the precipice. How do I know? Well, my spirit is raging. Emotionally  life is just the same old, same old.I am working part time, exercising and recovering from a heart trauma. It it has taken a physical and financial toll, but the Kingdom of God is where I live.

There is a saying: some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good, others are so earthly minded that they are no heavenly good. it is meant to point out the balance between living here, and living there. Me, I prefer to walk by the Spirit. Whatever Jesus is doing, that is where I want to be. I am not too good at my earthly responsibilities some days; however, I do try!

I had started this post on Monday, not knowing where it is going. Today the phone rang, and I was asked to do some ministry!?!?!

September launches a very special type of ministry for me. I will be ministering at the School of Grace in Keene, NH on the 9th and 10th, with my brother and his pastor. Then I am running a School of Prophecy on the 31st-1st at my own church. Wow! Having sat on the sidelines for many years just writing this blog, it seems a little daunting. In addition I will be training a lot of folks in my church in the basic concepts of personal ministry such as the laying on of hands for healing, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, Salvation and the confession of sin. Exciting!

I am also hoping to do a mission trip next year, and I am hoping to see what comes together for that.

If you feel so moved, I would covet your prayers. It is so much more than a vocation, it is a battle and I am sure going to need to be ready for it!

Thanks for reading along. Tell us what you are looking forward too, even if it is vacation!

5 comments:

Andrea York said...

I'm excited for you, as I read. God is at work all over. I've had a sense of anticipatory excitement for several years and it keeps building and building.

What's going on with me? I'm not certain yet but I'm ready for changes. Yesterday I discovered a bank account that I didn't remember which had a significant amount of money in it. How does a person just "forget" that much money, I have no idea. But I can't help but think that the Lord tucked it away for a special purpose...

Last night, I saw an invitation to be part of a ministry team from Bethel Church, going to Africa. My Spirit leaped - maybe this is what the money was supposed to be for? It would have to be something that God puts together because otherwise it won't happen but with God anything is possible.

I'll be praying for you (you know I do) that amazing things happen and I can't wait to hear the testimonies.

2Sense said...

I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm looking forward to many things in my life as the Lord reveals what is at the end of the multiple winding paths I'm treading down that lead to the destinies I desire, as well as those the Lord will unveil (which will also prove to be my hearts' desire). Once a few remaining loose ends are tied up and as He continues to strengthen and heal me from the recent trauma's in my life, my future is truly a clean slate. This being both encouraging/exciting as well as sad. But it will be good to while holding the precious things in my heart successfully let go of the chalky painful mess of much of the past, that which He has already wiped away... I look forward to cultivating and enjoying new interests He's planting in my heart (both spiritual and natural), new relationships, new love, new opportunities: ones that do not drain, but revive and quicken my spirit, deeper revelations of God and who I am in Christ, and a fresh-annointing/boldenss/fire to carry out the missions designed for my God-given gifts and talents. I'm growing and learning new things about myself thru this waiting time. Thank you Jesus; You use all things (even as they may break us) to better and remake us: There's always hope as a child of God. *I'm under the anvil, but soon ready to go! :)*

David-FireAndGrace said...

@Andrea - had a wonderful chat with my pastor about all that is going on! He is so cool, and behind me for the School of Grace and the school that we are doing at our church. It looks like the door is opening to head to Redding for a conference in November too.

@Char - you certainly deserve a set of new desires, and I am praying that they are fulfilled and soon!

Blessings to you both!

photogr said...

Well it looks like God is starting to use you more and that is good. I am happy to hear of your new challenges.

As for me, it is the same old same old. Been battling a couple health issues which I feel God has rescued me from.

Perhaps this is a wake up call and the beginning of a new direction.

Take care.

Charlie's Church of Christ said...

that's really cool to hear. I truly think you have much of offer David and it's great that people are seeking you out.

Blog Archive