Monday, January 23, 2023

God Said It, and it Freaked Me Out! - Revelation and Truth

The difference between the truth of God and revelation is very simple. Truth is where God’s been. Revelation is where God is. ~Tommy Tenney, The God Chasers

What would you do if God showed up and gave you a list of things to do, then added to that a few statements about where you are in life, and how much He loves you?

Well, that is what happened to me in 1994 and again in 1998. It has happened again in 2022 and yesterday in 2023. Prophecy freaks me out because it always speaks to the impossible into my life. God will often go after forgotten dreams and undisclosed prayers. Revelation from heaven is life-changing, spirit-filling and destiny-driving.

Today I am brooding over some old revelation that seems to have started again. A lot has transpired since the following was written on February 20, 2012. I have changed most of the reference to past tense. The following verse sums it up. The very fact that it comes from the end of Job should give you some sense of the context. 

Job 42:2 I know that you can do anything, and your plans are unstoppable.

While I was in California in 2013, I received a prophetic word from a young lady (14-years-old) about the acceleration of things that I have been puttering around in the Kingdom with for decades - my space shuttle was about to take off! That's pretty exciting because I had been a part-time minister/missionary on-and-off for many decades. It freaked me out because I didn't see how God could possibly turn my disorganized and busy life into something that he could use.

I also received words from two close friends in my blog group. The ladies were spot on!

My seasons were changing. I left blogging and the pursuit of a music CD behind – well sort of. That is what the Lord spoke to me in prayer. It was tough, I love to play guitar and write blogs! He told me through those exercising the gift of prophecy that I would be busy; 2013 this was the year. It was the time - this was my time...

For those that don't know me, I started something called the 5-Fold School of Ministry at my church (Faith Worship Center) in January of 2011. It later became the Apostolic School. The classes started with a dozen members of my congregation and grew to five times that many with other Christians from the New England/New York region.  It was one of the things that was accelerating. The first year we held three schools (well I had congestive heart failure between schools 1 and 2). We had planned eight more at my church, plus a few in other locations. [I was diagnosed with cancer after the seventh one.]

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite facets of Kingdom living (besides study and worship) is to lay hands-on others and see what God does. Some Christians like to teach or preach, others like to play worship, some enjoy kids ministry, some pray a lot and others dance; me, I like to pray for the sick and prophesy. Sure, I preach and even know how to clean a toilet, but the laying on of hands is awesome. Why? Because God always gives me something personal and important for others to hear. It is one of my gifts.

I met a new group of Christians while I was at Bethel Church in November 2011. One of them became a good friend. At the time, Dan was the pastor of Life International Church in London, Ontario. He has moved on since then. He and I taught and ministered for three sessions at the school. While he was in town we were invited to a home church named Place of His Presence. There, starting with about a dozen, we began. Soon, 50 hungry people and the Spirit of God poured out through two very unlikely men, me and Dan. 

Me and Dan Roberts


Our little meeting went on for four and half hours! After about an hour in, we asked people to leave whenever they needed to; they stayed. They called friends and family to come and receive from God. The meeting got bigger!

God what are you doing!?! I thought I was going to do a little 20 or 30 minute teaching about the Apostolic Church. Their little worship team brought down the glory with a song by Robin Mark. The presence of Holy Spirit was so amazing, so sweet, so indescribable... one woman drove to the meeting and said that she saw demons at bay outside the house. I am glad she waited to tell us about it until a few days later!

With all the excitement and opportunities for larger venues I still love doing the little home churches. That is how I got my start with the Brazilians years ago in 1999. It gives me the chance to really flow, and to be close to the transformations in an intimate setting.

Ministry for me is not a vocation, not a job, not something I do, it is a way of life. I am always on duty.

Life in the Kingdom is never about offerings, or big names. In fact I love to promote others. There is nothing more exciting than taking a fresh convert or a believer who is new to the things of the Spirit and letting them lay hands on others. God always does amazing things! Always.

 The good news is that you can do what I do. If you need help learning, grab a couple of dozen friends and let's get together. I am never too busy to go where God is opening a door.

Back then I was so excited about all that God was doing. I don't believe the climax of the story has come yet! It is more of an introduction to the things that lie ahead.

In 2018 the Lord moved us to Virginia. I became disabled. Read Job - it's a long story.

Now it is 2023, and the there is another Apostolic School in the wings. It will take a lot of help, but it will happen. Soon. Why? Revelation is where God is. Hi manifest presence is already here.

I had another word yesterday. It was about destiny, purpose, calling and a return to ministry. All I can say is that if God uses the weak, it will be amazing. My disability has very possibly become my ability.

No comments: