Sunday, February 19, 2023

A Greater Anointing - Excerpt From Darkness to Light

1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit - just as it has taught you, remain in him. NIV 

My good friend Pastor Steve held a series of meetings with a minister by the name of Larry Lambert. I attended all of them as a participant. I didn’t really like the pastor/minister title/role thing at all. I just loved Jesus and desired to do whatever He asked me to do. I didn't need a title. I really enjoyed the meetings with Larry.

His meetings were exciting - a little crazy might be a better description! Signs and wonders began to manifest in various ways.

At one, we could smell Easter lilies and frankincense. Later on, people were laughing and rolling on the floor, others were just laying in the presence of God. It was exciting, deep, healing, and magnificent all at the same time. Larry also had a great sense of humor and his love for God and people was easily perceived. Asking people to stand and count to  three, or say, “Jesus loves me, this I know.” At the end of their simple “task,” the power of God would fall on them in a powerful way.  I’d never seen anything like it. I wasn’t skeptical, however, it was definitely out of my realm of experience. Nothing like this had ever happened in my church!

The next night he asked us to pray in the spirit with the person next to us. I took my best friend's hands, and he hit the floor and rolled under the chairs. I took the hands of another woman seated next to me. The same happened to her. After four or five fell under the power, there was no one nearby left for me to pray with. I stood and enjoyed the presence of God.

The meeting went on with teaching, ministry, and worship.

Eventually it was very late and sadly I went home before it ended. I felt so good from the previous evening, I just had to be there for the next one. After the worship music ended, they made an announcement that NO ONE was going to pray for others during the meeting. Somehow, I knew they were talking about me. I felt terrible. I wanted to share Jesus with everyone. I had a couple of choices, A) be offended because I was only trying to pray with folks, not for them. B) Leave the meeting or C) Ask God to forgive me, and see what happened. I chose C, and enjoyed the meeting. During the ministry time, I went and quietly asked Larry Lambert to forgive me for what had happened. His daughter was busy prophesying over those at the altar. He was very kind, and with a big grin, said, “don’t worry about it. Jesus loves you, and so do I.”

It was a heartwarming moment.

Becky was still ministering at the altar when I decided to get in line. Everyone was falling down, despite her warning against “courtesy drops.” She prayed for me, and I was still standing. She called her dad over from his seat in the front row, and said, “I need you to pray for this man tonight, Dad.”

He said, “Lord, you just give David everything that you have for him tonight. Lord, give him a double portion of your Spirit and impart to him the gifting that you’ve given me.” I went sailing to the floor. It is always difficult to describe what God does in these moments. Therefore, I won’t try.

At the next meeting, he asked me to stand in the aisle about 40 feet from the platform. I was thinking that I was safe from the power of his anointing. “Did you have a good meeting last night?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said, smiling.

“That’s good, that’s really good. We enjoyed having you there too.” Then he pointed to me, and said. “Lord, you just let David have a good time tonight, too.” Like a giant bowling ball, the Spirit of the Lord came down the center aisle and knocked me down like a 10-pin. While I was lying there, I heard the voice of the Lord. “I am anointing you for greater works.”

I couldn’t begin to imagine what God had in store for me.

No comments: