Monday, February 6, 2023

The Doorkeeper Watches Over Hearts

I was conversing with a greeter at my church one day. A young man entered, carrying a small girl. She appeared to be about five years old. He was with a woman, and they both smelled of cigarettes. It was not a judgement, but rather an observation. The greeter said hi and cordially welcomed them.

In most churches, this is rather normal.

I wrote about greeters years ago. You can find them by following the labels. I met a greeter at a church I'd never gone to before yesterday, and it reminded me of this story.

The Holy Spirit spoke to me about the young couple. Their daughter suffered from an atrial septal defect. God revealed to me that it was a hole between the chambers of the heart. My daughter had it, too. I engaged the couple. "What is the name of your little girl?" I inquired.

It's been a long time, and all I remember is the father's name. He informed me their names, as well as the name of his girlfriend. "Is everything all right with her heart?" I inquired.

Both parents' eyes welled up with tears. "No, she has a problem that requires surgery to repair a hole in her heart. We're scared to death." her father explained. "We were going to the Catholic Church to ask prayer for healing and decided to come here when we spotted the Faith Worship sign out front," he added. More sobs.

I prayed boldly for the little girl, and God assured us all that He would cure her without surgery! After the service, they also took her for altar ministry. The couple attended church on a regular basis. Every week, I looked for them. The little child had been healed. Their faith got stronger. They were persuaded to marry by the priest. They quit smoking at a healing service and joined the children's ministry, where they remain to this day! That was almost a decade ago.

Keep an eye out for folks that show up at church. You could be the one to bring heaven to earth!

No comments: