Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How Come God is not Logical?

I am back from blog vacation! I confess, after many years of blogging weekly, I didn't miss it. It gave me time to think more deeply about new topics, and rethink some old ones... my newest topic has been grace and I am actually teaching and online Bible study on Facebook entitled "The School of Grace", feel free to join me for 8 weeks.

I really hate legalism, wooden literal-ism, liberalism and super-intellectuals when it comes to Bible. I am serious, I have listened to so much "educated" mumbo-jumbo in 35 years I don't know where to start! To top it off I have heard 102,834,727,237,283 people say "I think", followed by a comment that you could't come close to making up with even the most liberal interpretation of the scriptures Therefore; today, I am going to take a look at how Jesus, Peter and Paul interpreted the Torah. It is quite enlightening when you really look into it.

Here is an example of Jesus interpreting the Scriptures:

Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'


And what is with Peter, a little too much new wine?

Acts 2:14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
 17 “‘In the last days, God says, 
   I will pour out my Spirit on all people. 
Your sons and daughters will prophesy, 
   your young men will see visions, 
   your old men will dream dreams. 


Folks we need to ask ourselves this question: How the hell do we know what any of the Bible means? We read the books, study the Greek and Hebrew, listen to our seminary educated pastors and teachers, and yet religion prevails, and God is imprisoned in the minds of many.


Much of Christianity spends time pouring over the Scriptures as did the pharisees and the Scribes. And many just like them become educated in everything but the ways of the Spirit. We are taught that when Paul called his past education rubbish (Philippians 3:8), that somehow he is speaking of his past life, when in fact he is talking about all the education he had which did NOT bring him to the knowledge of Christ.

The relationship with the Spirit of God, the inner working of the Holy Spirit and knowing the voice of God are essential for understanding the Scriptures.

Romans 8:14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

If you read the rest of the the Devil's discourse, and the other places in the Bible where the Torah is quoted, you would think that it was taken out of context - and in truth, it sure seems to be!

Jesus is very clear about who follows him:

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.


God is not logical, He doesn't care if his ways follows scientifically proven "facts" of men, He does't care about your pet theologies, no; He wants you to know Him, to hear Him and to obey Him.


1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

How about you, do you hear God?

1 comment:

photogr said...

David "I think" we all hear from God daily but some fail or refuse to pay attention as in my case sometimes in the past and the present.

Based on my recent experiences, God does reach out to touch people either by direct voice or situations.

It could be a healing of a cancer that is not there. It could be a voice giving a directive. It could be a reassuring feeling that God is in control and will take care of the issue.

The most pivotable communication is one where one and God both talk to each other either in prayer or actions.

Yes I hear God.

Blog Archive